Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound output with IP Communicator

I have IP Communicator 7.0.4 and windows 7

When I make a call I can hear CIPC dial but as soon as it connects I get no sound output in my headset or speakerphone. I'm able to speak into the headset or mic & be heard, however I can't hear. Any ideas?

Everyone's tags (2)
6 REPLIES

Hi there,

Do you have a firewall enabled?

Chris

I do have a firewall enabled however I'm not sure I have access to modifying any settings since it's a corporate laptop and I do not have admin rights.

Are you connecting over VPN ? If yes, ensure you are selecting the interface which you get after connecting over VPN & not the default NIC. This is usually the main cause of one-way audio. Also, ensure CIPC installation on Win 7 is supported, mostly it is but double chk to be sure.

If it helps, pls rate the post.

GP

I am connecting over VPN.  I tried selecting the VPN connection instead of the NIC & got an error and wasn't able to make any calls.  I checked the settings for CIPC in my old XP laptop and it looks like it has the setting "use this device name" selected.  I chose that option however still get the same results.

Finally figured it out!  Under preferences > audio tab > network button > Audio IP Address.... I had to select "Detect Automatically" 

It had been set to the default, I assume (which was the VPN client)

This might sound crazy but my IP Communicator sound wouldn't work through either the PC speakers or a USB headset when I was connected via the WIRED network.

I switched to using wireless and everything works fine. 

Strangely, the wired connection works when I'm connected on-site at the office but not when I'm VPNd via the internet.

Try switching to wireless connection if you're connecting via wired and vise-versa.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content