cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Non-Cisco external Directory

clark-computers
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running UCME 7.1 and I would like to integrate the contacts in my client management system into the local directory of the phones. Is this possible? If so, what format should the contacts be in?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can put anything you can cram into Cisco flavor of XML phone code. Cisco's SDK for the phone defines the Directory XML that the phone will read. If you can write a php script or an asp page that will generate that code, you can put anything you want as a phone directory.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

I'm going to tell you with Cisco any thing is possible. In the Administration guide it only states the integration to an External Server such as CUCM. However, I did find this link http://www.iplogos.fr/English-Resources/Challenges/ccme-ldap-en.html . This will give you a reference point where an individual did get it to work with a little php scripting...

You can put anything you can cram into Cisco flavor of XML phone code. Cisco's SDK for the phone defines the Directory XML that the phone will read. If you can write a php script or an asp page that will generate that code, you can put anything you want as a phone directory.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: