cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nortel phones equivalent Cisco IP Phones

ssriramb
Level 1
Level 1

One of our client is planning to migrate from Nortel PBX system to CUCM. they are currently using M3902 & M3904 phones from Nortel. Please suggest features equivalent Cisco phones

6 Replies 6

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Shailaja

I have seen internal thred in topic.

M3902 Basic Set 
M3904 Professional Set

Basic set is 7910 equivalent and the Professional is 7960 equivalent.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Plese rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

My opinion is that you cannot try to find an exact replacement as that is never going to be possible 100% so you need to evaluate the Cisco phone portfolio along with cost to see what meets your needs.  Cisco has been adding quite a few models in last few years so that can be confusing, as you have 99XX, 89XX, 79XX, 69XX, and 39XX series. You can view all models and corresponding data sheets on the product pages on Cisco website.

HTH,

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Shailaja,

I'll just add my two cent$ to the great tips from Chris and Ronak here (+5 guys )

We migrated from Nortel to Cisco IPT a few years back and faced this same question.

We found it best to "standardize" on a few models rather than going all over the map.

For users who used a 3902 on the Nortel - we used 7942/45

For users who used a 3904 on the Nortel - we used 7962/65

Cheers!

Rob

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Whenever possible I would recommend to stick to the 79XX series as they are proven technology. 89XX and 99XX might be very nice looking but are not exact replacements and you will see some functionality that is not present in those families yet.

Robert,

I wish Cisco sales team had the same approach :-)  They always push for the latest and greatest and folks like us get suck with making rushed products work and customers have to deal with issues/consequences.  I have been huge fan of 79XX and continue to prefer these over all other series, I do like 9971 to some extended if video is desired, Bluetooth, touch screen, etc, but 69XX and 39XX are cheap phones, cheaply made and I will never recommend those to anyone.

Chris

Chris,

I'm not saying the 89XX and 99XX are not a valuable adition to the family, but sometimes they are not the best tool for the job. Roundtable phones in my opinion are best for that, round table, not UCCX agents not users that rely heavily on features. I guess Support, Development and Sales have all a different take on this.