Helpful
Replies

Not able to add user in Global directory

madan.kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are having 4.1.3 SR1

Sometimes when we tried to add usr in global directory i'm getting error "Could not update user" Error no 21

Aftr sometime it works fine

Any suggestions

THanx

Madan

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Madan,

This is most likely related to a DC Directory issue as you correctly noted. Here is some troubleshooting info;

This error message is received when you try to add/edit users through the Cisco CallManager Administration page:

Error: The following error occurred while trying to load the requested page.

Could not update user.

Error No: -2100

Error Description: Access Denied An Access denied message appears when the DC Directory does not run completely or is in a paused state. Restart the DC Directory in order to resolve the issue. Also, look into hard drive space problems, since low hard drive space can cause the DC Directory to go into a paused state.

When a user tries to delete a user in DC Directory, this error message is received:

Could not delete user. UserID = ""

Solution

This issue can occur if the DC Directory service has been stopped. In order to resolve the issue, restart the DC Directory Server service from Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Services. You are then able to delete the user.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008012b3c3.shtml

Hope this helps my friend!

Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for the info

This issue happens quite frequently

I had already suggested SR6 (since there is no SR applied right now)

Regards

Madan