cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to place outbound calls

sindan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a VG 2851 registered with a subscriber both at a remote location where a PRI is configured. I am able to receive inbound calls on the phones registered with that subscriber but not able to place outbound calls. Do you have any idea where the problem could be?

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Christopher Graham
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the gateway registered via MGCP, H323, or SIP?  What is the specific symptom?  Are you able to dial?  Do you get a fast busy after you dial a certain number of digits?

The first thing you should check is that your CSS/Partitions are configured correctly.  The ip phone should be assigned to a CSS that contains a partition with the number you are dialing.  Are you dialing a prefix (usually an 8 or 9).  Do you have a route pattern that matches (including the prefix)?  If so, are you stripping predot?  If the gateway is H323/SIP, are you sure your dial peers are configured correctly to match inbound from CUCM, and to pass outbound over the PRI?

There is a lot of information you have not included.  Please provide the complete call flow, including the protocols being used. If everything I have mentioned above is configured correctly to the best of your knowledge, CUCM traces and gateway debugs would be needed to see what's happening.

The gateway is registered using MGCP, and yes I get fast busy when dial out. No problems with the inbound. The strangest part is that when the WAN is up and the sub has connectivity with the pub everythink is ok (can dial out).

CSS is configured properly with the partition containing the number we are dialing, The prefix used to dial out is 8. We do have a route pattern that matches that prefix.

When issuing a term mon and running a debug isdn q931 there is no info diplayed by the gateway. I can only see the inbound not the outbound.

Please see attached the trace and let me know if i missed any info that might be helpful.

Thanks for your reply,

I am working on this issue with my coworker sindan1680.  I would just like to point out that this is a recently added subscriber at our remote site.  Could we have missed a step in setup?  This server has never worked correctly when the publisher was unavailable.

Can it be anything related to the subscriber itself? Any service failing?

Issue resolved: RL was not registering with the right CCM group due to a name conflict.

Tahnks,