Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

not sure what to expect on a cutover

All, I have a cutover coming in that a standalone site will be added to the mainsite callmanager. Basically going from a CME standalone to SRST back to mainsite callmanager. My understanding is that the phone company will "port" over the numbers, but Im not sure what I would need to do on my part (getting the callmanager ready or the SRST site). I think I understand the SRST side, but IM not sure about the mainsite callmanager. Is there anything I would need to do about the new numbers that will be "ported" to the main site? Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: not sure what to expect on a cutover

What protocol will you be using on the remote gateway (H323 or MGCP)? If its h323 you will need to configure voip dial-peers so that inbound calls can reach the callmanager for processing. In the CallManager you will need to register this gateway as H323. You will also need to add this gateway as an SRST reference in CM. I am also assuming that the ip phones with the ported directory numbers have been registered with the CM. The phones should belong to a device pool in which you can specify this gateway as the SRST reference.

Beyond this I cannot think of anything else you would need to do.

Ok, that helps. But, are you saying that I dont need to do anything about the new phone numbers that will be moved over (Im guessing that means "ported" over)? Im not sure how the whole DID thing will work. Yes, it should be mgcp also.

Bronze

As long as you have the gateway configured correctly, by that i mean registered with the CM, and 'ported' DIDs are assigned to registered IP Phones, there is nothing more that is required.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies