Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP activation on 7.1.5

paulavts1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have added 2 NTP Server IP addresses as shown in Capture_NTP1, but how do I apply one of these references to the phones?.

I have looked under the time and date group and tried to add the server IP addresses under "Phone NTP References for this Date/Time Group" but neither IP address appear when I do a search.

4 Replies 4

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Paul,

By default SCCP phones with take their time from the the CUCM server.

SIP phones can use PHONE NTP Refernces

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b02ntpsv.html

You can change the PUB server to take its time from NTP server(s) too

Please read this link from the OS admin guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/7_1_2/cucos/iptpch4.html#wp1042131

HTH

Alex

Please rate useful posts

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex,

In reading the guide it gives the followig note:

After deleting, modifying, or adding the NTP server, you must restart all other nodes in the cluster for the changes to take affect.

What is a node in the Cisco world all devices? i.e all phones?

Paul,

You make the the change use NTP on the publisher CUCM server.

If you have SUB servers in your cluster you need to restart them.

Obviously you need to carry this out at a time convenient to your users

Perhaps the evening or over a weekend

It is very important that servers in the cluster are synchronised.

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Not sure if its worth mentioning or not but I have never restarted my subscribers when making a change to NTP on the Publisher node. I just ssh into the subscribers and issue the command Utils NTP restart and they sync up nicely. Unless thats what the documentation was referring to.

Tracy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: