cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP Not getting synchronized on Subscriber.

Mohnish Dhurve
Level 1
Level 1

hi there

i am facing an issue with ntp. first my publisher got unsynchronized with ntp. pub got sync but sub1 and sub2 and tftp all three servers did not got sync for around 10 hours.

cucm version 8.6. i got mails from rtmt for the same.

At Thu Oct 17 21:33:50 IST 2013 on node 10.105.11.17, the following SyslogSeverityMatchFound events generated: 

SeverityMatch : Critical

MatchedEvent : Oct 17 21:33:42 PUN-HJW-CTFTP1 user 2 ntpRunningStatus.sh: Primary node NTP server, PUN-HJW-CPUB1, is currently inaccessible or down. Verify the network between the primary and secondary nodes.  Check the status of NTP on both the primary and secondary nodes via CLI 'utils ntp status'.  If the network is fine, try restarting NTP using CLI 'utils ntp restart'.

AppID : Cisco Syslog Agent

ClusterID : 

NodeID : PUN-HJW-CTFTP1

TimeStamp : Thu Oct 17 21:33:42 IST 2013

i received this mail around 1700 times. not thw time is synchronized on all the servers.

please let me know how to tshoot i mean how should i collect traces so that i can find the root cause.

i collected some logs from RTMT but i am unable to trace the cause. please find the logs in attachement.

1 Reply 1

Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohnish,

Please provide the output of 'utils ntp status' from the Pub and one of the affected Subs.

Have you tried restarting NTP service on the Subs using 'utils ntp restart'?

Are you running the CUCM on vmware platform or MCS platform?

Please provide the exact version of the CUCM [eg. 8.6.2.20000-2]. There are some known issues/defects on version 8.6.2 that I need to check.

- Saurabh