Views
Helpful
Replies

Numbering Plan ISDN Luxembourg

Yannick Vranckx
Level 2
Level 2

Dear,

We have a challenge using a variable length numbering plan in Luxembourg, they use a range of 6 digits +2 digits you choose yourself freely.

So for example if you have a range +35 2 111 111XX, the first digits are fixed and behind those you can freely choose.

The provider cuts the first part (6 digits) and you only get the last 2 on your E1 for incomming calls.

This is ok, we have configured this to work with Translation Patterns, but we have one challenge with outgoing calls

With the outgoing calls we only get the first digits to the receiver, so only +35 2 111 111 but not the last 2 digits, and if the party attempts to do a redial the voicegateway gets an error.

Cause i = 0x809C - Invalid number format (incomplete number)

Does anyone have any experience with these variable number plans, maybe in luxembourg.

7 Replies 7

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

If you are using h323 or sip vgw then you can give a try to translation rule. What you need to do is to create a rule to prefix all 6 digit in calling number in inbound dial-peer towards cucm or cme.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Dear,

There is no problem with the inbound situation, i would like to send those 2 variable digits to the recepient in outbound dialling. Thats the problem at the moment, it just send the number without the 2 last digits and that will not work for the other side.

If i am guessing this problem correctly then this what happening...

When you receive an inbound call from Telco you only get called number as XX and calling number as +35 2 333 222. Now when you make an outbound call (redial) you only able to dialing +35 2 333 222 without the last two digits and the gateway gives an invalid number format error.

To resolve this first you need to ask Telco to send correct calling number i.e. including last two digits , so that you can redial in correct format.

If my guessing it wrong , can you please explain it with example numbers and call flow.

Rate all the helpful post.

Thanks

Manish

That is exactly the issue.
I will have to contact the telco in luxembourg, they are not fast.

Is there something i can do on our side

Nothing from your side , it will be done from your Telco side.

Rate all helpful post.

Thanks

Manish

Hello Yannick,

did you solve this problem?

I'm finding the same problem here in Luxembourg

Yannick Vranckx
Level 2
Level 2

Dear,

We have resolved this issue by editing the translation rules for the incoming calls towards the site to show the full number.

I have changed the actual numbers by zero's, so we just match internal numbers and add the prefix and put it on type any national

!

voice translation-rule 3

rule 1 /^.*000\(..\)$/ /000000\1/ type any national plan any isdn

!

!

voice translation-profile VOIP_TO_PSTN

translate calling 3

translate redirect-called 3

!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: