cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Off Hook Ring down

f.kirstein
Level 1
Level 1

I have an analog telephone (VG224 - MGCP) in an elevator. I'd like the phone to automatically dial an extension when it goes off hook. Is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Frank,

You should be able to use the info in this doc to set this up (it talks about IP Phones but the CSS/Partition can be applied to Analog sets as well);

Hotdial on IP Phones with CallManager Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml#intro

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Frank,

You should be able to use the info in this doc to set this up (it talks about IP Phones but the CSS/Partition can be applied to Analog sets as well);

Hotdial on IP Phones with CallManager Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml#intro

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you Rob. I'll give this a try.

Hi Frank,

You are most welcome!

Take care,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Any ideas how to get this working on CM5.1, it does not allow you to have a null entry in the route pattern field. I've tried putting an ! in there however you still need to dial a digit to initiate the translation.

Appreciate your help.

Ash.

Hi Ash,

I'm sorry we don't have CCM 5.x in the lab right now so I can't test this for you :( I am curious where you are being prompted for Route Pattern info?

These should be the only Steps;

Steps for configuring PLAR

In order to allow the phone to automatically dial a pre-configured phone number when the user goes off-hook, a CSS is configured with a partition that contains a translation pattern with a blank translation pattern string. This results in Cisco CallManager immediately matching this pattern. The translation pattern then transforms the called number (i.e. none) to the destination number (Hotdial) where we want the call sent.

Create a partition.(Maybe called Hotdial1)

Create a CSS.(Maybe called Hotdial1CSS)select the partition you created in Step 1 (Hotdial1) by using the arrows from the Available Partitions field, then click Insert.

Create a translation pattern.

From the Route Plan menu option click Translation Pattern and then click Add a New Translation Pattern. Select the desired partition name (Hotdial1) and CSS (Hotdial1CSS) that were previously created in Step 1 and Step 2. Finally, under Called Party Transformation Mask, enter the Hotdial number that you want the phone to dial when it goes off-hook. Click Insert.

On the IP Phone that you want to Hotdial when going Off-Hook apply the new Hotdial1CSS.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your response, i was using route patterns instead of translation patterns. It's working now.

Cheers,

Ash.

Hi Ash,

You are most welcome! Another set of eyes on a Monday :)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: