Views
Helpful
Replies

offhook abbrdial how?

gerard van rij
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I want the abbrdial to be available if the phone is offhook (secretaries want this). as I don't see the button in the softkey templates, I have no idea how to do this.

any suggestions?

regards,

Gerard

7 Replies 7

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

AFAIK, this option is currently not available.

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

The abbr dial key is not on any Template. From this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ebe74.html#wp1029487

"A user can configure up to 99 speed-dial entries. Speed-dial entries that are not assigned to the speed-dial buttons on the phone are used for abbreviated dialing. When a user starts dialing digits, the AbbrDial softkey appears, and the user can access any speed-dial entry by entering the appropriate index."

So what you need to do is to configure the speed dials (not the ones assigned to a button on the phone), then you have to stay on-hook. After dialling the first digit the Abbr softkey will appear.

yes this I know, just wanted to know if it was possible to do "offhook". my collegue secretaries would like this. would be very usefull in their (and my) opinion.

regards

gerard

I configured the speed dial and the abbrDial key appears, but when i press it nothing happens.

What needs to be configured for this key to work?

rtappend_2
Level 1
Level 1

CM or CME?

CME now (v4.0+) supports bulk speed dials accessible both on and off-hook via a defined prefix.

In CM, you could define translation patterns to achieve similar although there is more to administer.

Just wondering if there was any other input on this topic. FWIW, this is an HR manager who says he will be on a call and want to add someone else to the call. These people are usually on his abbreviated dial list. What he is wanting to be able to do is put a call on hold, hit conference, and then abbrdial someone and add them in. Oddly enough, he seems to remember all 40+ of his abbreviated dials. Heck, I'm not even using all of my speed dials :) Any assistance or affirmation would be greatly appreciated.

no... still no solution..

regards,

Gerard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: