Views
Helpful
Replies

On Call Indication

CyberTroniX
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Users are asking for a simple feature which was available on their old PBX and i cannot find it anywhere here.

Phone A is on an important call, Phone B is calling Phone A and hears ringing ringing ringing but no answer, he doesn’t know that Phone A is on a call.

We want Caller from Phone B to hear a different ring or a tone or anything that indicates that Phone A is on a call, very simple and legitimate.

Is there any good solution for that ?

We're on CUCM 8.5.

Thanks for your ongoing support.

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is asked some often. if you had searched before asking:

Cisco doesn't support this feature (call waiting annucation to caller), and has not announced plans to do.

Cisco will tell you that the other chocie is to received a busy singnal, (thing that will rpeved the calle to know about the missed call).They also will  tell you that you canconfigure presence and/or espansion modules to monitor other extensions status.

I've created a TCL/IVR script that provides the funcionality, with the drawback of requiring an additional button on the the 'phone A' . This limitation does not exists on CME. It can be adquired at the website mentioned in my profile.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: