cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One DID 2 Bri to ring all phones

hotrot_net
Level 1
Level 1

I've got 6 7920 and 2 7960 with a uc520 connect. I've got a 2 bri.. no the things is when one of the bri's is called i want all the phone to ring. at the moment a got the bri to forward a call to a hunt group bud that doesn't do it for me. Can someone help me out?

Phone extensions 2xxx

Phone number ONE DID 493440075

Thanx andy

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The easiest is shared lines, configure same extension on all ephones. That has drawbacks, if you don't like these, you can try a tcl/ivr service that I wrote to blast all phones at the same time:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/bcast.tcl

Don't think the UC520 will hack that

Actually it does as I have various installations doing it already, with both methods mentioned above.

How do i install that ?? I;m newbie

Shared line is a standard configuration in which you assign the same ephone-dn to multiple phones with : button command. If the line is in overlay on a button I suggest the "c" button command.

"Blast" TCL/IVR service has installation instructions in the file itself.

I know about how to configure the share lines.. You pasted a file in the previous comment how do I use that.?

It's a tcl/ivr service. You can either study first on the cisco website what tcl/ivr is, or just follow the configuration example in the file itself.

I just can't believe that when a outside party is calling it isn't possible to ring all phone's..

Is there no standard way to have one DID with serveral extesions to ring all at ones.!!

A traditional pbx also has one DID and several extesions ring at ones.!! this is even default setting.!!

Greetings

Andy

Well, it *is* possible with shared lines.

Then I wrote the script to solve certain disadvantages that shared lines have.

A blast mode for ephone-hunt has been unofficialy announced for the next cme release.

Well got notice of TCL installed it but getting an error on impleting it.

under Config T i put

application

service bcast flash:/IVR/bcast.tcl

param destinations 201,202,203

after that on the console output i get

Feb 17 23:59:47.583: Could not load IVR script

flash:/IVR/bcast.tcl

errno=-1=hifs Failure

Never mind used CAPS when putting it to flash

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: