Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

One H323 gateway reset, stops all outbound calling at other locations

Hello

I have multiple H323 gateways setup in Call Manager (one for each office) and when I reset one gateway in Call Manager, the other offices loose outbound call functionality.  A simple reset of each respective gateway in Call Manager resolves the issues and within a minute all functionality is returned to normal at each location.  As each gateway was created it was copied from the previous one, so somehow they must be linked but I am not sure how?

Is anyone able to shed any light on this topic?  Or suggest any areas that I can adjust so that the 'link' between each gateway is removed.

I am running CUCM 8.6.1.20000-1

Thanks

3 REPLIES

One H323 gateway reset, stops all outbound calling at other loca

Hi,

Is there any data link terminated in the same H323 GW? Can you share the running config of H323?

Thankyou

PC

What is the Bandwidth provisioning on your network ? do you have QOS setup?

H323 messages consume a lot of BW  most likely this is happening due to network congestion.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Karthik Sivaram

hi, there is no data link terminated in the same H323 GW, The issue is only within Call Manager, I am not sure how to extract a config from that for an individual GW from within Call Manager? 

If I physically reset the voice gateway router at any site (power cycle) it has no effect on any other services in any location.  It is only the process of going into Call Manager and clicking on Device > Gateway, finding a gateway, selecting it, and clicking on the Reset option.  This resets that GW fine, but then the other locations loose the ability to outbound dial until their respective GW is also reset in Call Manager.

Sorry I am new to CUCM and CISCO voice matters, if I am using the incorrect terminology I apologise.

Views
Helpful
Replies