Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

One way audio after returning from on-hold

***This happends intermittently***

A patient calls our clinic and the receptionist will put them on hold. When attempting to return to the call the receptionist hears silence, but the call is still active according to her 7960 phone. She eventually hangs up. A few minutes later the patient calls back and reports that they could hear the receptionist, but the receptionist couldn't hear them.

I have reset the phones, gateways, and CallManager. We are running CCM 4.0(2a)es88. The 7960 phone firmware is P00308000300. The router is a 1760 running image file C1700-SV8Y7-MZ.123-2.XC.BIN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES

Re: One way audio after returning from on-hold

It turns out the h323 gateway was not bound. 1 command fixed the problem.

many thanks.

Silver

I had some similar issues with phone load P00308000300 on 7940/7960 and H.323 gateways. In my case it was the other way around, one way voice for outbound call, two way voice after hold and resume.

It turned out to be a bug, fixed in P00308000400

Kind regards,

Leo

Bronze

I have the same issue when the call suddenly would go one-way. Pressing Hold and then Resume fixes it. This is happening with both P00308000400 and P00308000500. Apparently these loads still have bugs in them. Looking at packet captures the bug might be triggered by ICMP packets sent to IP phone. Cisco TAC is reviewing packet captures.

I have this problem using P00308000500/H323. Do you know if there is a Bug ID? (i'm not seeing it out there). Do you know which loads do not have this bug? Thanks!

Bronze

A new load is scheduled to come out sometime in July that fixes this issue. There is a bug ID but I can't locate it anymore.

Views
Helpful
Replies