cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One Way Audio - IP Communicator

tarkinkl1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user with IP Communicator on his laptop that has quit working properly. The microphone on his headset works fine, yet callers cannot hear him and he can hear with no problem. I've tried all of the Cisco recommendations I could find online to no avail. Suggestions, please? Thanks!

6 Replies 6

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

So it did work before? He is not trying it over a VPN, you could have a NAT issue if you are going through a router/firewall

Yes, it did work before and he is using it over a VPN.

I am having the same issue. I am getting one-way audio over the VPN and on the LAN. I know its worked before, but now is not.

I tried changed the aduio network manually, but that did not work either.

Any idea would be awesome.

steplondon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Where does this seem to occur, through the LAN or VPN..?

Where is the person on the communicator trying to call, offNet or onnet (i.e. intercluster)

Can you describe your configuration. Has anything changed recently - i.e. configuration - does anyone else experience the same problem.

I had an issue with this before and I managed to point it to a routing issue - my caller was calling through a VPN.

Let us know,

UPDATED - sorry didnt see the other posts.

you may want to check the firewall - what firewall are you using.

Can you ping the VPN host from inside your network - inside host will need to contact the VPN host. Also have you tried an offnet call to see if you are having the same problems with one-way audio - I am going on the assumption that communicator needs to talk to someone in side your organisation.

If you are using Cisco PIX I can send some configurations to try,

cheers

anujnaidu
Level 1
Level 1

Hope this may help...

Please check end to end route first. To prove this call your cell phone first and see if you have audio both ways. If you do then most likely you have a routing issue.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I agree with the last post.

Make two different calls.

From IPC.. call a cell phone so it goes out a local PSTN check audio

From IPC.. call a local IP phone on the network...

This will narrow down your routing issue hopefully.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: