cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One way audio on jabber

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

I have installed cisco jabber on my iphone5.finally it registers with the call manager. and i can make calls

I tested the call to the internal extension it works fine but the issue is that they can hear  my voice but  i cant hear party voice

All the Ports were open i am using meraki firewall

18 Replies 18

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sivakalam2,

You will need to take packet captures on the IP Phone as well as the WAP where the iPhone is connected. This will show us if the iPhone is sending RTP towards the IP Phone and whether they are being dropped. If so, then an intermediate device is dropping the packets.

On the firewall, please check if there may be other settings that could be dropping the RTP packets from the iPhone, maybe it doesn't allow RTP traffic from certain subnets of the network?

Thanks

one way audio issues are usually routing and/or ACL&NAT

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am with Yaarub.

see if both ends can ping each other. remember RTP is between the two phones, NOT between phone and cucm. pinging means routing works, next check wireshark, and run a log on your FW if one is in the path between the two endpoints.  This should be fairly easy to fix.

tell me what you find

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Dear Yarub,

I am working on that will update you

Hi all,

I am still facing oneway audio,the problem is when i make a call from jabber client through iphone or android to internal extension there is a one way audio ,,,,,,wifi is inside a corparate network since the all ports are opened  there is no issue with firewall i am wondering what could be the issue? could any body reccomend me on this?

When i tried to ping from Call manager to Jabber client ip address its not reachable!!

you can try to do the ping test from iPhone after connected the VPN from both way.

Hi CKLEE,

I have not connected to VPN,I am doing internal test its connected to Local LAN ,but ip is not reachable

how did the jabber register with the CM if CM couldnt ping its client,, ?

try checking your IP Phone dhcp config on CM or whereever its configured "check the default router of your dhcp subnet "

if you are 99.9% of you firewall config then its something around 70s%  a routing problem.

good luck

HI,

I have installed Ping Lite in IPad when i try to ping call manager ip address i found there is a delay to reach

Hi Yaarub,

Jabber is register with call manager but issue is when i try to ping ip address of jabber client from call manger its not reachable.

register devices.PNG

Ping erro.PNG

Hi,

Mean you internal routing having some issue. Need to do the traceroute from both end to make sure is using the same path.

HI All,

The finaly issue solved internally......

thank you matesCK LEE YAARUB.F MILAD 

Once i  changed to different subnet it started working internally i dont have any issue,now the problem is outside corparate network if somebody try to call from outside to internal calls i can hear their voice but other party cant hear my voice

troubleshooting on this issue i need your all suggestion

Hi.

Are you talking about PSTN calls? It could be also a connectivity issue.

Which is the path of an incoming call?

Let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"