Views
Helpful
Replies

One way audio over S2S Vpn

Earl Granger IV
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I am encountering an issue where one of my branch offices are experiencing one way audio when communicating with another branch office.  This office can dial headquaters 4 digit and have 2 way but one way when 4 digit dialing to another site.  Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

This is moslikely networking issues.

Remeber than RTP flows between endpoints.

So check IP of the remote banch A, and make sure has NO block to Network of branch B

Please Kudos/rate if this help!

Please Kudos/rate if this help!

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Set up a test call on using a softphone (IP communicator, generic SIP clinetr or Jabber)  call and run wireshark.  Check if both ends are sending RTP to each other. Most likely network related. (as state by jose)

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

OK that is something I will perform today.

Thanks

The Jabber Wireshark may not be the best way to diagnose the problem as it would be using the PC IP which I guess would be okay. I would guess Jose is correct, as we see a lot when people are setting up S2S VPNs, they forget to include the subnets that the IP phones reside it.

If you have 796X phones, you can connect a call and double tap the question mark button on the phone to see sent and received packet stats to see if you are receiving the packets. For 69XX phones, you can browse to the webpage of the phone and look at the Stream for the call stats:

You need to manually refresh this page, and you should see the call stats increase. If you see they are not increasing on one end (Eg, Phone A sender packets are increasing, but Phone B reciever packets are not), you know you have an issue that packets from Phone A are not making it across the VPN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: