cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

one way audio

Erol YILDIZ
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an interesting one way audio problem. We use 7921 wireless phones and 7911 wired phones. My problem is I am having one way audio problem when a 7911 calls 7921. 7921 can't hear 7911 but if I call from 7921 to 7921 there is no problem. One way audio problem doesn't happen always but when it happens 7921 to 7921 calls are without any problem. I checked 7921 s logs and saw 'No RX audio frame to DSP' errors. Can this be related with this error message?

Thanks.

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have a firewall or router between wireless and voice VLAN? Do you use Cisco APs ?

No we don't have a firewall or router between wireless and voice VLAN. We have voice ssid binded to voice VLAN on our access points. We use AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9.

Try update wireless phone firmware..

Already tried that didn't work but now a few mins ago I discovered our switches having topology changes nearly every second. Guess this is the problem, checking now..

I have solved TCN problems too, but still having the same problem. Already upgraded 7921 and 7911 firmware to the latest version. I getting 'No RX audio frame to DS' errors on 7921 phone when I have this problem. Any idea what this mean?

What about a through look at the wireless and try to find where packets are dropped.

How can I do that?

You can try getting help for that on the wirless forum.

Erol YILDIZ
Level 1
Level 1

Problem solved. This problem is related with the codecs. I forced the phones to use just G.711 codec by disabling G.722 codec enabled parameter from System->Service parameters and the problem is solved. I read too much about one way audio problem through the net and saw that most people saying it can not be related with the codecs but it IS.

No doubt, thanks for posting the solution here!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: