cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One way Communication issue since changed IP addressing on voice vlansWe have changed IP addressing of our VoIP phones from Public Range to Private 10.x.x.x. Our Main Site IP addresses change took place before I started so don't know if some configuration

mukeshrulaniya
Level 1
Level 1

We have changed IP addressing of  our VoIP phones from Public Range to Private 10.x.x.x. Our Main Site IP  addresses change took place before I started so don't know if some  configuration change was made on CUCM 6.1.3 to make it work. I changed  the IP addressing of Voip Phones on one of the Remote site connected to  main site (where Publisher / Subscriber resides). At the remote site I  enabled the DHCP scope to allocate IP addresses to IP phones. I created  the voice vlan and configured the correct voice vlan to switchport IP  phone is connected. Phone gets the IP from DHCP scope and also gets  correct parameters such as gateway,option 150 etc. Phone gets registered  to Subscriber call manager. I have checked the IP cache and I see the  session to port 2000.When

I  call from our main site to phone assigned to new VLAN ,Remote site  phone can hear us but we can't hear them and issue remains the same when  call is initiated from remote site to phone's on other VLAN's or sites.

At  remote site I installed another phone and assisgned the switchport to  new voice vlan then both new phones can communicate to each other but  same issue in communication to phones on other vlans / locations

I have checked all the access-lists and FWSM but couldn't see any issues ....ANY  IDEA what's causing one way communication issue cos previous team  changed the IP addresses on our main site but no such one way  communication issue. Interesting thing is  that I picked one of the free subnet from Main site IP address planning  structure and implemented at remote site and had no issues with  communication at all

thanks

Mukesh

6 Replies 6

Hi Mukesh.

From your remote site, try to ping a phone of Main Site from the remote site voice vlan subnet.

Try in and let me know..

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Mukesh,

One way voice 99% of the time indicates routing issues, make sure your new VLAN subnet is properly advertised throughout your network and reachable from the main site.  "sh ip route" at the main site should show that route as available and pointing to proper destination.

HTH,

Chris

Hello Chris,

C       109.205.117.228/30 is directly connected, GigabitEthernet0/3.522  this subnet is advertised in my router

My configuration are:-

On Router

interface GigabitEthernet0/3.522

encapsulation dot1Q 522

ip address 109.205.117.229 255.255.255.252

On switch

interface fa0/11

switchport voice vlan 522

switchport mode access

switchport port-fast

CUCM :

Ip add:- 109.205.117.230

If you found any wrong in this configuration please tell me .

Thanks

Regards

Mukesh

Hi Mukesh,

Am I right that your CUCM is connected to interface fa0/11?  Then remove command "switchport voice vlan 522" and replace it with simple "switchport access vlan 522"

Hi Mukesh.

The routing problem, is not between ip phones  and CUCM but between Remote and main site IP phones subnets.

Keep in mind that rtp flows dorectly between ip phones.

So you have to check rechability of ip phone subent of main site from ip phone subent of remote site.

Are you able to ping from remote site the main site subnet assigned to ip phones?

Let us now.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hello CARLO,

you are right my routing is good because i can ping my CUCM ip from ant network and CUCM also.

But i want know that i assign the DHCP Subnet 10.10.0.0/16 but when i saw the IP Phone ip address then IP Phone have ip of its own network what it that problem or not ?

Cau please explain about the IP Phone subnet?

Thanks

Regards

Mukesh