Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

One way media when transferring a call with SIP trunking

Hi,

I have installed a CUBE gateway into a customer site, which is being used to provide PSTN access via a SIP Provider. The majority of the testing works okay with inbound and outbound calls working okay, FAX working fine and also DTMF. However, I am having issues with the call transfer, as follows:

From my mobile, I initiate a call into a DDI which routes through the CUBE and into the UCM. I have a successful call with the user at the other end, and that works fine. He then transfers my call across to a colleague in the same room and hangs up his phone. I am now connected to his colleague and can hear him speak, however he is unable to hear my speech.

Looking into this, it would appear that when the call is transferred, the CUBE is signalling to the SIP service to send the media (my voice) to UDP port 57560, however the user on the phone at the other end is expecting to receive audio on UDP port 16560. Before the transfer was carried out, the outbound and inbound media was using port 16560. During the transfer, something has happened where we are signalling out to the SIP provider to send media on a different port to what we are actually expecting to hear it on.

Has anyone encountered this before? Is this something fairly straight forward that I am not configuring on the CUBE?

The internal telephony system is CallManager version 7.1.3.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Mark.

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Mark,

Thanks for the update. This command enabled the new MID-CALL Re-INVITE/UPDATE consumption feature on sip. The link below gives a better detail of what this does and the restrictions to it. I thought you should see the whole picture in case you are affected by one of the restrictions..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_proto/configuration/15-2mt/cube-midcall-reinvite.html

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
5 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Hi Mark,

Can you attach the detailed cucm traces and the CUBE logs..please include calling, called and xfered extension

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Hi,

Thanks for your assistance. At present I am unable to get hold of the logs, as I am no longer on site.

I am back on this Monday morning, so will grab the logs then and attach to the case.

Regards

Mark.

Hi

Apologies for the delay in my reponse. I managed to resolve the issue. I needed the mid-call signaling pass-thru media-change command inserting into voice service voip>sip on the CUBE.

Many thanks for your response.

Regards

Mark.

VIP Super Bronze

Mark,

Thanks for the update. This command enabled the new MID-CALL Re-INVITE/UPDATE consumption feature on sip. The link below gives a better detail of what this does and the restrictions to it. I thought you should see the whole picture in case you are affected by one of the restrictions..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_proto/configuration/15-2mt/cube-midcall-reinvite.html

Hi,

Many thanks for the additional information. That is very useful!

Best regards

Mark.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content