cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Onhook transfer

l.buschi
Level 2
Level 2

How can I enable onhook transfer on a CUCM 7.1.5?

I read an interesting post regarding this but it forwards to a broken link.

I can't find onhook transfer in my CUCM services.

Thanks

Johnny

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Johnny,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by onhook transfer?  Do you mean you want to transfer a call without pressing the transfer softkey to complete the transfer?

Chris

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Johnny,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by onhook transfer?  Do you mean you want to transfer a call without pressing the transfer softkey to complete the transfer?

Chris

Exactly,

I want to transfer a call without pressint the transfer softkey to complete.

Set "Call Transfer on-hook" service parameter to TRUE.

Chris

I cannot find "call transfer on-hook" in my service parameters

It is there under CallManager Service, should be under Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone) section.

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Johnny,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Chris (+5 C-Man!)

Onhook Call Transfer

Modifications to the Call Transfer feature add the onhook (hangup) action as a possible last step to complete a call transfer. The Transfer On-hook Enabled service parameter, which enables onhook call transfer, must be set to True for onhook call transfer to succeed. If the service parameter is set to False, the onhook action ends the secondary call to the third party.

In the existing implementation, if user B has an active call on a particular line (from user A) and user B has not reached the maximum number of calls on this line, the Cisco IP Phone provides a Transfer softkey to user B. If user B presses the Transfer softkey (or Transfer button, if available) once, user B receives dial tone and can make a secondary call: user B dials the number of a third party (user C). Cisco CallManager provides a Transfer softkey to user B again. If user B presses the Transfer softkey again (or Transfer button, if available), the transfer operation completes.

With the new onhook call transfer implementation, user B can hang up after dialing user C's number, and the transfer completes. Both the existing and new implementations work in both the case of a blind transfer (user B disconnects before user C answers) and also in the case of a consult transfer (user B waits for user C to answer and announces the call from user A).

The previous implementation remains unchanged: user B can press the Transfer softkey twice to complete the transfer.

Cheers!

Rob

Yes the problem is that there is no a service "On-hook call transfer" under my service parameters

Ok I found it, it's under:

Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone)

Thanks

Johnny

this function works only putting on-hook the phone and not with softkey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: