cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Opinion on Smartnet for Phones

egrinkin1
Level 1
Level 1

Quick, easy question, because I only need opinions! :-)

I am reviewing our Smartnet contracts and am being asked to justify Smartnet on CP791X - CP797X.

I've got the pricing on the Smartnet renewal as well as prices for new phones.

At a previous employer I was getting about 1 7960 per month replaced, usually due to the off hook switch failing.

Other than that I did not need to replace many phones.

What are your thoughts/opinions?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Liz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Harold,

Excellent question! If you have Smartnet on CCM Software (the old SASU) you will be entitled to all IP Phone Firmware upgrades, so you are still good to go :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Liz,

We don't carry Smartnet on our phones and haven't for some time. As you noted the only issue with sets we have ever had is the odd Hookswitch problem and a couple of broken footstands (probably adjusted someone who was fairly "heavy handed :)

We have proven over the years that it was a better investment to just buy a few spares to keep in stock.

Just my two cent$,

Rob

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Liz,

Do the math, place your bet, and reassess next year. No IP phone Smartnet here for 5 years, and so far so good. I don't have exact data, but I haven't noticed any increase in the failure rate as the phones have aged.

Regards, Dave

h.parsons
Level 3
Level 3

What about software/firmware updates? Without Smartnet are you legally allowed to update your phones?

Hi Harold,

Excellent question! If you have Smartnet on CCM Software (the old SASU) you will be entitled to all IP Phone Firmware upgrades, so you are still good to go :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, et al,

Thank you for your responses. This conversation was so helpful!

~ Liz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: