Views
Helpful
Replies

option 150 ip x.x.x.x under DHCP pool using cisco phones

mahesh18
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

We have 2921 router supporting DHCP pool.

I have created

ip dhcp pool voice

need to know what does command  option 150 ip x.x.x.x  will do under ip dhcp pool voice?

we are using cisco phones?

Thanks

Mahesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

That command is used to define the IP address(es) of the TFTP server(s) (CME/CUCM) to download the phone configuration files.

Hope to help, please remember to rate the post if it does.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

That command is used to define the IP address(es) of the TFTP server(s) (CME/CUCM) to download the phone configuration files.

Hope to help, please remember to rate the post if it does.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

Hi Adrian,

Many thanks for reply back.

MAhesh

Hello Friends,

I am going to change my MCS server for a UCS server on vmware in a new network . Currently I have the TFTP and DHP pool service in all local routers (UCM is not giving that services). However my client wants the phones don´t move to the new network. So my new UCS server will be in a different network. Can I specify the new call manager in a different network than telephone network? Can I specify a second call manager as TFTP on a local router?

ip dhcp excluded-address    x.x.x.1       x.x.x.5
ip dhcp pool local phones
network    x.x.x..0       255.255.255.0
default-router    x.x.x.1
option 150 ip    y.y.y.y
lease infinite

Thanks in advance !

You may check the ip helper-address  command as described in the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipaddr_dhcp/configuration/12-4t/dhcp-12-4t-book/config-dhcp-relay-agent.html

Manish

Manish,

I don´t have ip helper-address in my remote gateways. However I just moved the ip option 150 to my new UCS server and it worked properly. Now the DHCP service is in the x network and the TFTP is in the another network (y network). The phones of the old MCS server were registered properly in the new server.

Thank you for all !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: