cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Options for Lab Setup for Cisco UCM 5.1/6.x

vlaxamana
Level 1
Level 1

We are on CCM 4.1.3 and I have a lab of the same version level for pilot and testing purposes. I am now getting ready to go to Cisco UCM 5.1 or 6.0. What would be my option(s) to bring up a 5.1/6.0 lab on new hardware while keeping the current 4.1.3 production intact. When ready, I will upgrade the 4.1.3 servers and still want to keep the 5.1/6.x lab. Your suggestions are appreciated very much.

3 Replies 3

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

I'd say you should test CUCM 5.1 on your Lab server and see how it works. Please note that there is no direct upgrade Path from CM 4.1 to 6.0. So, you would either have to upgrade to CM 4.2 or to 5.x before you can move to 6.0.

Once your testing is complete and you know that CM 5.1 works the way you want it to, you should upgrade your Production System to CM 5.1.

Thanks for the clarification and suggestion. My challenge is more around the licensing area. How do I get a license for lab purpose only without invalidating my current production environment? It seems that to actually activate the services, you need to have an activated license.

If you install 6.0 on VMware you get 50 unit lic. for free. This is working great for our testing environment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: