Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Ordering POTS Line

I've been given the task to order POTS lines for inbound and outbound. Will use a 2851 with the VIC2-4FXO. Is their any specific POTS line I have to order or can I say I need 4 POTS lines.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Ordering POTS Line

You may be asked what signailing type you want to use, either Loop start or Ground Start, either one is fine, prefered one is ground start but loop start is most common.

POTS lines are just like your phone line at home (assuming you are not running VoIP).

Chris

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Steven,

That should work :) Different Providers will have different names for these such as;

IBL - Individual Business Line

SLB - Single Line Business

Ordering 4 Single POTS Business Lines (Loop Start) should get the job done with any Telco.

Hope this helps!

Rob

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

You may be asked what signailing type you want to use, either Loop start or Ground Start, either one is fine, prefered one is ground start but loop start is most common.

POTS lines are just like your phone line at home (assuming you are not running VoIP).

Chris

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Steven,

That should work :) Different Providers will have different names for these such as;

IBL - Individual Business Line

SLB - Single Line Business

Ordering 4 Single POTS Business Lines (Loop Start) should get the job done with any Telco.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies