cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ordering POTS Line

ssarte123
Level 1
Level 1

I've been given the task to order POTS lines for inbound and outbound. Will use a 2851 with the VIC2-4FXO. Is their any specific POTS line I have to order or can I say I need 4 POTS lines.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You may be asked what signailing type you want to use, either Loop start or Ground Start, either one is fine, prefered one is ground start but loop start is most common.

POTS lines are just like your phone line at home (assuming you are not running VoIP).

Chris

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steven,

That should work :) Different Providers will have different names for these such as;

IBL - Individual Business Line

SLB - Single Line Business

Ordering 4 Single POTS Business Lines (Loop Start) should get the job done with any Telco.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You may be asked what signailing type you want to use, either Loop start or Ground Start, either one is fine, prefered one is ground start but loop start is most common.

POTS lines are just like your phone line at home (assuming you are not running VoIP).

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steven,

That should work :) Different Providers will have different names for these such as;

IBL - Individual Business Line

SLB - Single Line Business

Ordering 4 Single POTS Business Lines (Loop Start) should get the job done with any Telco.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: