Views
Helpful
Replies

OS User name in CUCM

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have created a OS user in cucm and it is not reflected to subscriber, is this a normal condition or abnormal,

Please reply

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is normal.  You must create local platform accounts on each server separately.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jack,

It should show in all servers in a cluster.

OS user gets created while building/installing the Call Manager.

what is CUCM version u are using?Did u try logging into OS through CLI of Pub and Sub.

also,check DBreplication by running command utils dbreplication runtimestate

regds,

aman

Dear Aman,

The OS user which was created while installing that is working fine After installing when i logged in i created additonal OS user in publisher that is not reflecting in subscriber, because i am not able to login in subcriber by the newly created OS user. I am using CUCM 9.1

Is it normal or it shld replicate also??

admin:utils dbreplication runtimestate

DB and Replication Services: ALL RUNNING

DB CLI Status: No other dbreplication CLI is running...

Cluster Replication State: BROADCAST SYNC Completed on 1 servers at: 2014-03-11-                                                                                        20-18
     Last Sync Result: SYNC COMPLETED  603 tables sync'ed out of 603
     Sync Errors: NO ERRORS

DB Version: ccm9_1_2_11900_12
Repltimeout set to: 300s
PROCESS option set to: 1

Cluster Detailed View from CUCMPUB01DC (2 Servers):

PING            CDR Server      REPL.   DBver& R                                                                                        EPL.    REPLICATION SETUP
SERVER-NAME     IP ADDRESS      (msec)  RPC?    (ID) & STATUS   QUEUE   TABLES L                                                                                        OOP?    (RTMT) & details
-----------     ------------    ------  ----    --------------  -----   --------                                                                                        ----    -----------------
CUCMPUB01DC    10.1.15.11      0.076   Yes     (2)  Connected   0      match   Yes     (2) PUB Setup Completed
CUCMSUB01DC    10.1.15.12      0.982   Yes     (5)  Connected   0      match   Yes     (2) Setup Completed

Thanks

Hi Samuel,

What I have understood is that while installing PUB and SUB , u have sucessfully created OS /Platform user and u are able to login with these credentials in CLI/OS GUI into both servers.?

Now , u created one more OS user in Publisher and u want to login with these credentials in Subscriber.I doubt this would happen since with the new user, u would be able to enter into CLI/OS GUI of Pub only.

Have u used set account name [USERNAME] in Pub while creating new user?

regds,

aman

Hello Aman,

What I have understood is that while installing PUB and SUB , u have sucessfully created OS /Platform user and u are able to login with these credentials in CLI/OS GUI into both servers.?

yes

Now , u created one more OS user in Publisher and u want to login with these credentials in Subscriber.I doubt this would happen since with the new user, u would be able to enter into CLI/OS GUI of Pub only.

So i shld understand this is normal with every CUCM

Have u used set account name [USERNAME] in Pub while creating new user?

yes

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is normal.  You must create local platform accounts on each server separately.

Thanks Anthony and aman for the reply

For the confirmation of OS user are individual in publisher and subsriber.

Thanks

Hi Samuel,

yes, that is created only for each server separately.

regds,

aman