Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound and Inbound Dial peers

fgasimzade
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everyone!

How can I match an outbound call to a dial peer. For example I need internal number 1000 to go through dial-peer 1 and internal number 1001 to go out through dial peer 2?

And another question regarding inbound calls

How can I make an inbound call to 4040404 to go to internal number 1001 and another call to 4040405 to go to internal number 1002? Should I use translation rules or there is any another command under dial peer to match an inbound call to an internal number?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SInce this is CCME, you will need to use voice xlation rules to modify the called number and apply it to the ephone-dns..

1. To select dial-peer 1 to use for outbound calls on dn 1001 and dp2 for 1002, you should modify the called number on both dn as follows

if called number= 5000

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^5000/ /775000/

voice translation-profile ext1001

translate called 1

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^5000/ /885000/

voice translation-profile ext1002

translate called 2

Then create dial-peers to macth the xlated numbers

eg. dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 77T

port x/y/z:15

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 88T

port a/b/c:15

finally apply the xlation rule to either the phones or the dn

ephone-dn 1

number 1001

translation profilce incoming ext1001

ephone-dn 2

number 1002

translation profile incoming ext1002

This way the dial-peer used will depend on the extension that is calling

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use answer adress command under the dial-peer to match the call to that dial-peer

Yes you should use voice translation rules for map 4040404 to whatever number you want to

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Is it true for POTS dial peers as well? I forgot to mention that it is a CME setup with E1, so should I use voip dial peers or pots dial peers for inbound and outbound calls?

SInce this is CCME, you will need to use voice xlation rules to modify the called number and apply it to the ephone-dns..

1. To select dial-peer 1 to use for outbound calls on dn 1001 and dp2 for 1002, you should modify the called number on both dn as follows

if called number= 5000

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^5000/ /775000/

voice translation-profile ext1001

translate called 1

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^5000/ /885000/

voice translation-profile ext1002

translate called 2

Then create dial-peers to macth the xlated numbers

eg. dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 77T

port x/y/z:15

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 88T

port a/b/c:15

finally apply the xlation rule to either the phones or the dn

ephone-dn 1

number 1001

translation profilce incoming ext1001

ephone-dn 2

number 1002

translation profile incoming ext1002

This way the dial-peer used will depend on the extension that is calling

Ok, if the called number 5000 is known, then I agree. But what if the called number is .T, in another words ANY called number?

Then get creative! Its that simple. You should be familiar with the dial plan of your environment. These are PSTN calls and they usually start with a pattern eg. 9 something or 0 something..Most users either dial a 9 or a 0 as the start of their dialling.

Adjust the config to match the dialled pattern. The key is to prefix a number to the dialled pattern so that you can use a specific dial-peer as you want

In other words it is not achievable with POTS dial peer and answer-address configured?

Can I use this kind of translation for ALL calls?

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 // //

And do you know what this does? What do you want to achieve by using this. Why dont you want to use my painfully thought out suggestions above?

I though it would just translate the called number to itself, in other words, it will not translate it at all, but there will be a corresponding translation profile to associate with a dial peer

Haha, Your solution is painfull indeed, I just want to simplify it if possible

I like your sense of humour. But I am sorry to say that I dont see how that xlation rule will help you. You can try it. There is nothing overly complicated about using the idea I suggested.

Thank you anyway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: