cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

outbound call receives fast busy if Route list is checked for Run On All Active Unified CM Nodes

hi all,

I was wondering If someone has any idea why this behaviour when making outbound calls.

basically its  a cucm 10.5.2.  we have a sip trunk to a 2821 router which has PRIs. 

sip trunk has Run On All Active Unified CM Nodes enabled as well.  when calling outbound it works fine if I uncheck Run On All Active Unified CM Nodes on the route list.  when its enabled, the result is fast busy.  end point, gateway, and routelist are assigned to the same ccm group if that matters.

i would like to have it checked on route list as well and have outbound working.  any clues.

the error msg I see on RTMT is (1459617833) CCM_SIP_503_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE.

thanks a lot.

vijay

4 Replies 4

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Vijay,

You may need to add all the CUCM nodes on gateway trust list , gateway may be rejecting the call due due to Toll fraud prevention.

or you can do no ip address trusted authenticate to allow all ip addresses .

I have this following on gateway.

voice service voip
 ip address trusted list
  ipv4 172.0.0.0 255.0.0.0

it covers all the cucm I have along with endpoints.  well, it works when I uncheck the Run On All Active Unified CM Nodes on route list.  if its toll fraud, then it wouldn't work in both cases

good news. I have fixed the issue.  one of my cucm ip add ends with 205.  but I made a mistake and created a dialpeer with ip add ends with 250.

thanks for ur help

Only the CUCM server IP addresses, and anything else that should be sending SIP invites directly to the gateway, should be allowed on the trust list. This should NOT be your entire LAN! The router will accept any call request - even if it's $20+/minute satellite-routed, operator-assisted international call from any IP address on the trust list.

Also, if you have dial-peers for all of your CUCM nodes - which you should to avoid dial-peer 0 - the whitelisting an IP address is only necessary if the dual-peer's session target is using DNS instead of IPv4. The session target IPv4 of all dial-peers is impliticly added to the trust list.

Third, the statement that the toll fraud feature would impact calls in both directions is false. It only impacts calls to the gateway, not from it.