cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Call Redundancy

philipcamp
Level 1
Level 1

I am adding on two subscribers at a remote campus to an existing CUCM cluster that resides at a main campus site.  I am also adding on (2) Cisco 3925 routers at the remote campus for inbound/outbound call routing to the PSTN.  Using Route List and Route Groups in the CUCM cluster, I have defined one of the gateways at the remote campus site as primary for outbound calls and one of the gateways at the main campus as a backup gateway to the PSTN. I have configured SIP trunks between the gateways and the CUCM cluster.  (I have attached a very simple logical diagram).

I understand the configuration to all failover scenerios with the exception of one.  If I lose all T1/PRI to the voice gateway at the remote campus, but still have network connectivity via SIP keepalives between the call manager and the voice gateway, how could I let call manager know to use the backup gateway at the main campus? 

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Route List/Route Group configuration handles that.

Chris

So if the call manager can reach the primary gateway but cannot use any of the dial-peers to route the call, it knows to use the failover gateway?

Yes, GW will let CUCM know that the destination is not reachable and CUCM will use another GW/RG within the RL.

For best results you may want to change  the following service parameters to FALSE:

Stop   Routing on Unallocated Number Flag

Stop   Routing on User Busy Flag

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris