cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

outbound calls

jpodplesky
Level 1
Level 1

I have CME 7.1 on a 2811 with a four port FXO card and 3 pots lines. I have 2 dial-peers (1 local pattern and 1 long distance pattern) for each pots dial peer. I have an ephone-dn for each pots line and each phone has a button assignment for each ephone-dn.

My question is I want to be able to press say the button assigned to ephone-dn 2 and have the call to use the number 2 fxo port.

How would I accomplish this?                 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry to confuse you even more but I meant to say I did this with duplicate dial peers. Not over lapping  Let me know if this works for you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jpodplesky
Level 1
Level 1

A little more info. For incoming calls I am using exchange unified messaging which presents a menu to direct the calls to the desired extension. Basically my overall needs are this

xxx x140 is ephone-dn 2000 and is incoming calls

xxx x434 is ephone-dn 2001 and is forwarded from an offsite pbx for incoming calls

xxx x066 is ephone-dn 2002 and the line I would prefer to be the first line for outgoing calls

Or an easier solution would be to be able to define the order of the pots lines for outgoing calls

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Jack,

So I did this in the past with Trunk groups.

ephone-dn 288

number 3A11 no-reg primary

label CO Line1

trunk A2 monitor-port 0/1/2 

There is a little more to the trunk group configuration but you should be able to find the documentaiton for it if you search

Let me know if this was helpful.

You second request is done much simplier

You would  use the preference statement in the dial peer with overlapping dial-peers.

So basically you  have overlapping dail peers that point to each port than you use the perfence statement to pick the first one.

I used to do this all the time. 

Sorry to confuse you even more but I meant to say I did this with duplicate dial peers. Not over lapping  Let me know if this works for you.

Great thanks, I never thought of the preference number. Too dependent on my one remaining brain cell

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: