Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Dialing Translation

Forgive me if this isn't in the right discussion group. I am currently evaluating CUCMBE running version 8.6.2. I have about 50 IP phones and video endpoints registered to CUCM.

A manager in our group asked if it was possible to configure 4 or 5 digit dialing so they can essentially speed dial to a satellite office. This office does not have direct dialing (you have to dial an extension) and has approximately 40 users. So he would like to know if a user could dial 93xxx to connect to an outside line of 2039222999 ext. 3xxx?

I know they can setup speed dial for each person on each phone but I was looking at doing this to make their life easier. It would also be a good selling point for CUCM over the old PBX system.

I appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

Carl

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Carl,

Does the satellite office also contain phones that are registered to the same CUCM cluster? Or is there a different call flow for this?

Thanks

Sree

Sree,

Not yet. Eventually they would all be on the same cluster.

Carl

Cisco Employee

Hi Carl,

For now you could use a Route Pattern 93XXX, and prefix 203922299 to the called number on the Route Pattern settings. You can also do this on the Route List settings as well if you don't want to make changes at the route pattern level.

The Route Pattern/Route List can then point to a trunk or a gateway which leads to the second cluster.

On the other side, you can strip the 2039222999 from the called number to leave you with 3XXX which is the extension range.

Have you tried this?

Thanks

Sree

Sree,

Thanks for the response. I think you misunderstood what I posted. My configuration only has one cluster. The call is made to the gateway and then to the POTS lines. 2039222999 extension 3XXX is a remote location that doesn't have VOIP.

Carl

Cisco Employee

Carl,

So using the prefix field, we can add the 2039222999 to the called number. This can then be sent to the gateway and out to the provider using the pots lines.

It is the responsibility of the remote PBX to then remove the prefixed digits and keep only 3XXX and connect the call.

Thanks

Sree

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content