Views
Helpful
Replies

outbound translation - Internal extension to External PSTN number

united_airline
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have Cisco cube deployment 2911 with SIP trunk to an ISP.

How do I setup so that when users dial ext 3476, it automatically dials a PSTN number 1 (714) 781-7277

JayP

8 Replies 8

Hi,

You can create a translation pattern in CUCM to convert the number from 3476 to 1 (714) 781-7277.

//Suresh

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Thanks! can this be done on the 2911 instead ? not sure if this can be done, an example would be helpful.

Jayp

Hello Jay,

yes, the same can be done with translation-rules applied on the inbound dial-peers.

how do you send that number 3476 to CUBE? is it not the internal extension?

refer the below link for better understanding of translation rules and translation profiles.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/64020-number-voice-translation-profiles.html#

//Suresh

Please rate all the helpful posts.

HI,

I guess, I am not understanding this clearly. I read the link provided and still not clear.

This number 3476 is not an extension, nor a DID and is not used in the office.  It is just a number manager has chosen. Basically, when someone dials this number 3476 in the office,  manager wants this number to call 1 (714) 781-7277 which is an outbound call to Disneyland. Office has a SIP trunk with ITSP. Can this be accomplished on the 2911 cube router and how ?

JayP

Hello Jay,

I'd still say configuring the translation pattern in CUCM for this change is a better and easy way.

if you still want to do it on the CUBE, please try the configuration below. (I presume the number 3476 will reach from CUCM to CUBE directly without any modification)

>> Create the translation rule to change the number

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /3476/ /17147817277/

>> create the translation profile and apply the rule to change the called numbers

voice translation-profile Change3476
translate called 1

>> Apply this translation profile command "translation-profile incoming Change3476" to the inbound dial-peer from CUCM.

>> you can test the translation rule as below

Router#test voice translation-rule 1 3476

//Suresh

Please rate all the helpful posts

or you can do it using "num-exp 3476 17147817277" in global mode of gateway.

This will be applied globally.

Suresh

united_airline
Level 1
Level 1

I tried all the suggestions and still does not work. 

JayP

Can you post the call flow in your deployment for this call ?

Suresh