Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing Call Problem on new series IPT

muratg7777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have CUCM 8.6.2. Voice Gateway is, 2921 which has E1 - PRI line. Voice gateway is H323. Has dial-peers on it.

The problem is, I can not make GSM calls from new series IPT (9971 - 8945).

I can call local and domestic calls but can not call some GSM numbers. We have also 7945 ad 7921 IPT. Outgoing calls works with them.

8945:

VGW2#show voice call status

CallID     CID ccVdb     Port       Slot/DSP:Ch Called #   Codec   MLPP Dial-peers

0xF1       6F0 0x2BDABEF8 0/0/0:15.1       0/1:1 *507420xxxx None     130/22

1 active call found

Succesfull Call :7945:

VGW2#show voice call status

CallID     CID ccVdb     Port       Slot/DSP:Ch Called #   Codec   MLPP Dial-peers

0xF3       7F0 0x2BDABEF8 0/0/0:15.1       0/1:1 *530939xxxx None     130/22

1 active call found

24 Replies 24

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Interesting. Calling restriction doesnt really depend upon any phone model.

1. Ensure that the CSS/Partition config is same like other working phones, if they are part of same DP.

2. What happens when 9971 user tries to call GSM numbers ? Does it just drop without ringing or the user hears any message etc ?

GP

james.ferris
Level 1
Level 1

There could bee an issue with the bearer cap.  I had a similar issue with the Cius.  You can do a debug isdn q931 on the voice gateway to look at the barrier cap. 

On a standard phone like 7900 series the bearer cap is set to speech:

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech 

On newer phones with video capibilities the Bearer Cap can be set to Unrestricted Digital

Bearer Capability i = 0x8890

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Unrestricted Digital

Some carriers cannot or wont accept this capability so the call is dropped. 

If you find your newer phones with Video is not using Speech capability you can force the gateway to use Speech by issuing the following on the voice port:

voice-port x/x/x:23

bearer-cap speech

I hope this helps.

New series IPT is a little bit tricky. I had an issue with them last week. On our branch office,

7945 IPT was registering  but 8961 and 8945 IPT rejected by CUCM. There was a p2p link with headquarter and branchoffice.

I found the problem was an MTU issue. 7945 was bypassing ip fragmentation packets.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-3797

I read this kb and did the debugging. Nothing wrong.

There is a problem with "9". I pick up line with 9 and then dial the number. I disabled 9 and gsm calls go directly to Voicegateway now.

Add "bearer-cap Speech" under the D-channle voice port, i.e.:

voice-port 0/0/0:23

bearer-cap Speech

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

I do not intend to interrupt the discussion but I am also having a very similar issue.

CUCM  8.6.2. Voice Gateway is, 2651XM which has E1 - PRI line and also the  H.323 Gateway. As we are still in interim in the process of migrating  from the old CUCM, we have Inter-cluster trunk to CUCM 6.0 where we the  gateway configured.

Outbound calls could be  established from any other phones 7945, 7965 etc. but recently getting  problem in making outbound calls from 8945. I have tried add "bearer-cap  Speech" under the D-channle voice port as advised and the outbound call  is now ringing on my mobile and I could take the call but I could not  hear anything. The calling phone 8945 is just showing as ringing and  finally rang out.

Please see attached output of debug isdn q931.

Regards,

Lay

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have looked at your debugs and I can see two calls to the same number. The first call was disconnected from the gateway side with cause code 41. I suggest you look at your DSPs.

Show voice DSP group all.

Send the output of that command

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks aokanlowan. The following is the output of show voice dsp group all on this gateway

sh voice dsp group all

DSP groups on slot 0:

This command is not applicable to slot 0

DSP groups on slot 1:

This command is not applicable to slot 1

We have an another 2911 router with a PVDM3-128 DSP module in the same network here at HQ, providing central transcoding  and conferencing resources to the network. While each site has a router  with a 32- or 64-channel PVDM3 module, that 2911 router provides backup in  the event that all resources at a site router are consumed. And I have following on that router.

c2911-central-dsp#sh voice dsp group all

DSP groups on slot 0:

dsp 1:

State: UP, firmware: 28.3.5

Max signal/voice channel: 43/43

Max credits: 645, Voice credits: 0, Video credits: 645

num_of_sig_chnls_allocated: 0

Transcoding channels allocated: 0

Slot: 0

Device idx: 0

PVDM Slot: 0

Dsp Type: SP2600

dsp 2:

Max signal/voice channel: 43/43

Max credits: 645, Voice credits: 615, Video credits: 30

Transcoding channels allocated: 9

Group: FLEX_GROUP_VOICE, complexity: FLEX

Shared credits: 34, reserved credits: 0

Signaling channels allocated: 0

Voice channels allocated: 0

Credits used (rounded-up): 0

Group: FLEX_GROUP_XCODE, complexity: FLEX

Shared credits: 0, reserved credits: 581

dsp 3:

Max signal/voice channel: 42/43

Max credits: 645, Voice credits: 645, Video credits: 0

Transcoding channels allocated: 5

Group: FLEX_GROUP_CONF, complexity: CONFERENCE

Shared credits: 0, reserved credits: 323

Codec: CONF_G711, maximum participants: 16

Sessions per dsp: 8

Conference sessions:

Sess01: Credits allocated: 80

Group: FLEX_GROUP_XCODE, complexity: FLEX

Shared credits: 0, reserved credits: 323

DSP groups on slot 1:

This command is not applicable to slot 1

0 DSP resource allocation failure

c2911-central-dsp#

Regards,

Lay

Sorry for the late response. Can you send a debug isdn q931 for a working call. Lets compare both and see whats breaking in the non working one

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Can you also chck what the region setting between the affected phone(s) and the gateway is set to. You need to check this with the h33 dial-peer matched. The call is been diconnected from the gateway side after the connect. At the connect layer of the h25 set up, media capabilities are exchanged. So you m ay be having a capabilities issue..

You can test again and send debug h225 asn1 and debug h245 asn1

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thanks again aokanlawon. Please find attached output of debug isdn q931 from a working 7945 phone. And output for debug h225 asn1 and debug h245 asn1 for 8945 which is not working. The gateway got almost frozen when a test call was performed from a working 7945 with those debugs ON. Should I try again to get the debug output for 'debug h225 asn1' and 'debug h245 asn1' from a working 7945?

Regards,

Lay

Hi aokanlawon,

I have reassigned this 8945 into a branch site where we have a SIP trunk and outbound calls from 8945 are tested working from there. Looks like I am missing something here in HQ ISDN gateway and another gateway router where we are doing resource and transcoding? Region setting and gateway set on 8945 were as same as other 7945 on the same site I suppose althought I am not exactly sure what you wanted to check.

Regards,

Lay

Configure the PRI with bearer-cap as speech, such as:

voice-port 0/0/0:23

bearer-cap Speech

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I already have 'bearer-cap Speech' in in the PRI voice-port. I was getting fast busy tone before and with that in place, I could take the call on my test mobile but it kept ringing on the calling phone which is 8945. NB: It brokes the video capabiity but that is fine for now.

Regards,

Lay

Hi Guys,

I can now make successful outbound calls from 8945 after updating followings:

• Change 'Video Call Bandwidth' to 'None' for the             corresponding region
  • From the Phone Configuration screen, change the Video             Capabilities parameter to 'Disabled'
  • Added 'bearer-cap Speech' under PRI voice-port

However, it apparently broke the video cabilitiy on our 8945 phones. I haven't made any changes recently except the Publisher CUCM had to be restarted due to a storage issue we had on the site. I wonder if I need to check a service in CUCM? I would like to bring back the video capability as well since I am also testing Cisco VCS for Telepresence. Thanks.

Regards,

Lay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: