Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing Caller ID Name - PRI MGCP Gateway with CM 6.0

tomtom001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a question for you. Is there a gateway configuration to have the Caller ID show the name of my company when I make calls outbound? I have masked all outbound calls to show my main company extension, however I do not see the field to mask the Caller ID Name. My AT&T provider says that my company name is associated with the main company extension, but when I call people, it only shows the Company number but not the name. Is this something with Call Manager configuration, Pri Gateway config, or Carrier config? When I do debug isdn q931 on the router, I see the information:

Display i = 'End User Name here'

Calling Party Number i = 0x2881, 'Company Main Number here XXX-XXX-XXXX'

Plan:National, Type:National

Called Party Number i = 0xA8, 'called party number here XXX-XXX-XXXX'

Thanks for any help!

3 Replies 3

Jon Nelson
Level 3
Level 3

Most telcos don't support outbound caller ID name from CUCM. They will however support numbers in your DID range if you want to send them out. It is the responsibility of the telco to send the company name and it is also the responsibility of the receiving telco to do a proper name lookup on the number coming in.

ATT is also notorious for dropping calls when sending too much information as well, but you don't seem to be having that problem, so that's a good thing!

HTH

Thanks,

Jon

I just debugged an ISDN PRI from ATT with Cisco CallManager Express. I did see the caller name in the debug information. So it is the telco's responsibity to send caller name, should we still need to configure it on CCM or CME?

You will see CUCME and CUCM sending the name, but *most* telco's will overwrite it. I have even run into a few that will not allow the call to go through if you are sending it.

Every telco is different, so you just have to know their requirements!

HTH

Thanks,

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: