cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook intergration with Jabber

Stewart Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

Just wondering if anyone else has the same issues. I have these issues on a daily basis. So I'm running Callmanager 8.6, Presence server is 8.6. Mostly Windows 7 machines, some XP. NO matter what version of Jabber I try is just seems to be very buggy. The issues I'm having is this. I add a contact into Outlook. Then go to Jabber to add contact  , sometimes it will let me sometimes it will not.  When  I finally do get the contact added.It will work for a few times. Then say a day later I log into Jabber search for the contact that I added nothing comes up. Its like I never added it. Then the next day it will work fine.  I have tried many different things to see if I could resolve the issue. Not sure what to do now. Just wondering if anyone else has these issues all the time. If so how do you fix them.

5 Replies 5

Jason Treloar
Level 1
Level 1

Curious,

Are you using LDAP integration/authentication?

Yes

Both? Either?

Are you having any issues with connections to LDAP or login issues with anyone?

Outside of this, it may be prudent to log this with Cisco TAC, but in the mean time are you using your primary domain controller? Are they all synced and talking to each other?

No, issues with LDAP. I don't have any issues with contacts coming from LDAP. They work fine every time. Just the ones from outlook. No issues logging into jabber.

Where are your contacts from Outlook coming from? Are they objects in LDAP? Do you have more than one Exchange server?

Do you have outlook integration configured, and are you able to search local contacts within Jabber?