cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outside dial tone and Translation Patterns

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

I have a number of translation patterns which are of similiar construct.  9.1(explicit area code)[2-9]XXXXXX.   2 are listed below.  All are set for urgent priority, and play outside dial tone.

9.1312[2-9]XXXXXX

9.1708[2-9]XXXXXX

I am played outside dial tone as soon as I press the 1.  How can this be since it doesnt have enough digits to explicity match a single translation patterns.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Q. Why do I not get a dial tone after I dial a 9 or other access code?

A. For calls that you make to external numbers, you can configure Cisco CallManager to provide an outside dial tone after an initial access code is dialed. For example, if you have a route pattern of 9.@, you may want Cisco CallManager to play the external dial tone after you enter the 9. If this does not occur, it is due to an overlap of the dial plan that is configured on the Cisco CallManager. Cisco CallManager plays the outside dial tone when the pattern is unique. If you configure the 9.@ pattern and a call park range of 9xx, for example, Cisco CallManager waits until the pattern is unique enough before CallManager plays the outside dial tone. The dot in the route pattern has nothing to do with when the dial tone is played out to the caller. Look for overlap in these places:

• Other route patterns

• MeetMe patterns

• Call park

• Call pickup

• Voice mail Directory Numbers (DNs)

Best Regards

View solution in original post

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

quick way to narrow down what pattern is messing things up is to:

Dial 9 then a 1, if you hear dialtone when you press 1 - move to 2

Dial 9 then 2 and so on until you come across the next number that does not yeild dialtone.

Then go to route plan report and filter on those starting digits. Then you will find the culprit.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

are you sure it is not normal dial-tone you get after dialling the 9?

Best Regards

Could very well be.  What is the difference between normal dial tone and the tick box "provide outside dial tone"

Q. Why do I not get a dial tone after I dial a 9 or other access code?

A. For calls that you make to external numbers, you can configure Cisco CallManager to provide an outside dial tone after an initial access code is dialed. For example, if you have a route pattern of 9.@, you may want Cisco CallManager to play the external dial tone after you enter the 9. If this does not occur, it is due to an overlap of the dial plan that is configured on the Cisco CallManager. Cisco CallManager plays the outside dial tone when the pattern is unique. If you configure the 9.@ pattern and a call park range of 9xx, for example, Cisco CallManager waits until the pattern is unique enough before CallManager plays the outside dial tone. The dot in the route pattern has nothing to do with when the dial tone is played out to the caller. Look for overlap in these places:

• Other route patterns

• MeetMe patterns

• Call park

• Call pickup

• Voice mail Directory Numbers (DNs)

Best Regards

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

quick way to narrow down what pattern is messing things up is to:

Dial 9 then a 1, if you hear dialtone when you press 1 - move to 2

Dial 9 then 2 and so on until you come across the next number that does not yeild dialtone.

Then go to route plan report and filter on those starting digits. Then you will find the culprit.

Found this snipit from a web link suggested above.  this is indeed my case.  makes sense now.   Thanks everyone for their input

The only time the Cisco CallManager provides outside dial tone is when all the route patterns that can possibly match after you dial 9 have the Provide Outside Dial Tone option checked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: