cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OVA & CUCM Versions

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

According to the DocWIki, there doesn't seem to be much difference between the CUCM 9 & CUCM 10 virtualisation requirements.

Is there any real difference between the CUCM 9 & CUCM 10 OVAs, or is it all just cosmetic?

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gordon,

I believe the change is that CUCM 10 uses RHEL6 vs. 5 and I am sure there are other smaller changes, you can always compare the files.  I would deploy the correct one.

Chris

So what do I do if I build as CUCM 9, and then upgrade to CUCM10? Do I have to create a fresh VM and import the disc?

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

If you build it as 9 then you use OVA for 9, then after upgrade change the OS to RHEL6 and do whatever else is spelled out in the upgrade guide.

Chris

The vNIC also needs to be changed to vMXNET3, the RNs and upgrade guide mention this, the OVA 10.X README has all the instructions for the change.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gordon,

Hope all is well with you my friend!

I'll just add this reference to the good tips from our buddies Chris & Java (+5!!)

There is a nice discussion in this Ask the Expert with Amit & Raees in these 10.x notes;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12103966/ask-expert-cisco-unified-communications-manager-cucm-version-100

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: