Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ova template for cucm

hi,

If I use the template for 2500 users, and my cluster with 9 cucm servers, with only 4 of them have callmanager service, does it mean that i can have 2500 x 4  = 10000 phones in my cluster?

I am wondering if we can deploy different capacity of cucm within a cluster, e.g. publisher and subscriber with call manager service deployed using 10000 users template, while those servers without callmanager service deployed using 2500 users template?

thanks.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

ova template for cucm

Technically, if you build no redundancy.  Keep in mind that CUCM should be deployed either in 1:1 or 2:1 redundancy model which means for each call processing server there should be backup server or for 2 call processing servers there is 1 backup server. Also, the phone count is marketing term, 2500 phones would be supported if the server does nothing else which is never the case as you will have gateways, trunks, media resources, etc, etc so the count goes down fast. You can use the Cisco sizing tool described in SRND to size your cluster appropriately.

Technically you can use different OVA templates for different servers, but that is never recommended.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Cisco Employee

ova template for cucm

We recommend having all the servers with the same platform/OVA size.

And you would get 10K phones, but absolutely no redundancy in case one of those fail, you'll lose 2500 phones for each server you might have a problem with.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies