Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

OverFlow for receptionist

I have a BE600 9.1.x install, I am trying to configure for our receptionist if she doesn't pick up after x number of rings it goes to an "OverFlow" and then lets the customer know sorry it is taking so long to answer please hold for an operator then ask for Sales department press 1. Service press 2, etc.. and while the customer is on hold.  the receptionist can see the caller on one of the lines to pick up if she just got back from break, lunch, etc..

1 REPLY

Hi Tyler,You don't quite have

Hi Tyler,

You don't quite have enough product solution available to you to do exactly that, but perhaps with a little discussion you'll find that there is something you can do, leveraging what you do have.

First up is queuing callers in a First In First Out order.  Your primary product for this is UCCX.  However, in version 9 of CUCM there is now a feature to perform native call queuing without UCCX.  It's very basic though, and you can read more about it here.

Next up is the IVR you wish to present to the caller while in queue.  CUCM's native call queuing cannot do this, but within CUC you can create a call handler which can prompt for caller input.  Because the CUCM native queuing and the CUC Call Handler are on two different platforms, you lose the queuing while the IVR is playing.

If you did go with UCCX for call queuing, then UCCX can also play the IVR while in the queue.

I wont touch on CUxAC, even though it can do the queuing, because its yet another product and it cannot do the IVR piece.

I hope that helped.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content