cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Overhead Paging Integration...

san.carlos
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to wrap my hands around setting up the integration between the CUCM 8.5 and a Dukane overhead paging system. Are there any white papers or best practices available. Our CUCM currently has a route pattern configured that routes to a voice gateway with an FXO port that is currently connected into the paging system, but when dialing the number sequence results in a "Your call could not be completed as dialed...." message.

The route pattern is configured as "55.#" with the discard instructions set to "PreDot". Based on the pattern, what should the user be dialing to access the intercom?

I appreciate the assistance.

Thanks -

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the GW configured as H323 or MGCP?  If H323 you will need matching dial-peer that points the FXO port, since you are stripping 55 the destination pattern would need to be #, keep in mind # is by default used as termination key, so you'll need to change the termination key in order to use #.

If MGCP is used, is the route pattern pointing to the correct port?

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

The gateway is congifured with MGCP. The route pattern config here appears to be pointing to the correct port on the gateway. I confirmed the correct physical port on the gateway as well.

As soon as I press 5, the system responds with the message, "Your call could not be completed as dialed....". What could be kicking it back?

Thanks -

Ensure the route pattern is using Partition that is listed in the CSS used by the phone you are dialing from.

Chris

Ok... placed the route pattern on the same partition of the phone. System accepts the calling sequence now, but get a fast busy with "Unknown Number" displayed on the phone display as soon as I hit the pound (#) button after typing in 55.

my apologies for digging this old topic but I am running into similar issues---

I am using BOGEN PCM-2000 with voice router model 2921 FXO card. What do I need to do on CUCM configuration wise to the paging working? I want to have user dial #321 to have access to paging then they dial the zone code like 01 or 02 etc. I have this paging working with CME using FXO card but when I look at the runf config on the CME router only thing I see dial0peers!!!! Any help in this matter would greatly appreciated.

cmuellernd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, were you able to resolve this problem using MGCP and an FXO card?