Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Overhead Paging page port

I am more from the data side in the past so new to some of the overhead paging aspects of voice.  I have an old Bogen overhead paging system that was just connected to a paging port on an old system that just gave the page directly over two wires.  I have a new call manager system in place now and have a 2801 router with an available FXO port by this paging equipment.  Is there a way I can configure this FXO port to act that way a paging port would work on a legacy phone system?  If not would using something like a Bogen BG-TAMB allow me to interface the way I need to?

Are there good docs out there somewhere to bring me up to speed on the overhead paging, integration options, etc. I will be running into in the future?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Overhead Paging page port

Bschear,

Generally if you have a Bogen system a TAMB is the way to go.  You can use either a Cisco FXO or FXS port to access it.  The Bogen manuals are quite good at explaining how to set it up.

I'm not a paging guru but have done some over the years, and used the TAMB with other manufacturers as well.

I don't know of any paging documentation other than what is available from the paging equipment manufacturers (which I normally research by model # on the web when I need to deal with one), perhaps someone else from the list knows more.

HTH,

Art

Views
Helpful
Replies