cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Overhead Paging

jing_nghik
Level 1
Level 1

Never done this before. How does someone get started in knowing how to troubleshoot this. What I can say is the overhead pager goes to multiple sites that are connected via direct T1 connections.

Are able to get it in main site working, but other sites seem to not go through properly. How does someone even begin to troubleshoot this ? I just need to be put in the right direction with a couple things I can do to point me. I managed CCM and notice the gateways, but thats as far as I get.

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Many sites with an existing PBX also have a paging system which allows users to call an extension on the PBX that forwards the audio broadcast to overhead loudspeakers. This concept is useful in workshops, parking lots, and open plan areas where a called party is not near a telephone handset. PBX manufacturers can provide dedicated line cards that interface with external paging amplifiers. These PBX paging cards have an isolated audio output, which prevents faults on the paging amplifier that results in damage to the PBX, and a control or relay output that is used to activate the paging amplifier.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_configuration_example09186a008015094e.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: