I have a CUCME 8.1 with a PRI connection and a bank of DID's Now all of my DID's to this point have been in the 6820 - 6879 range. I have the typical dial 9 to gain an outside line access and all my dial peers reflect this. Now my client has ported a addtional DID over to my PRI of 9185. No big deal right I add the ephone-=dn and assign it to a ephone, calls come into the line no problem and he can make outbound calls fine.
Now here is the problem. When this site is attempting to call a San Diego Cell phone in the 858 area code they dial 9-1-858-XXX-XXXX but the CME is seeing 9-1-8-5 and dialing the internal ephone-dn
Is there ANY way around this? I have tried to assign him a new ephone-dn and add a translatiopn rule like rule 2 /9158/ /6550/ and this worked that incoming calls seen the 9158 and translated it to 6550 all was good untill I made an outbound call and it appended the 6550 in the number so 9-1-858-xxx-xxxx became 165508xxxxxxx
I would change my secondary dial tone digit but it would just move the problem to another spot as we are utilizing 4 digit translations for other offices.
I can provide all my translation rules and dial peers if it will help?
I aggree that number not starting with a 9 would be great but this is what it is. The client has had this number for somew time and in not willing to give it up. This is why I was trying to doa translation to a different number but then that same translation cause adverse reactions to outgoing calls
I seem to have resolved this by creating an additional translation rule for only incoming . this the outgoing calls are not translated. But thanks for the advice, Sometimes we just have to work with what we are given.
These are the paths to get to each CCX logs through CLI. They may be helpful if you are having issues accessing RTMT or downloading logs through it.
If you want to download them you have to prefix "file get " and you can add one of the options (re...