Views
Helpful
Replies

'Paging Group' on CMBE

huntl
Level 1
Level 1

Dear NetPro gurus,

Currently one of my customer has a CyberData Paging System that is integrated into the Cisco CME router perfectly now.

However, the customer is considering to upgrade this CME router to CMBE and i was wondering how i can assign the individual phones to a paging group like the CME so that the selected groups of IP Phones can receive the 'paging' from the CyberData Paging System.

The CME config are as below:-

ephone  1
mac-address 44D3.CA25.8790
ephone-template 1
max-calls-per-button 2
paging-dn 80
type 6941
button  1:1 2:60
!
!
!
ephone  2
mac-address 44D3.CA25.8979
ephone-template 1
max-calls-per-button 2
paging-dn 80
type 6941
button  1:2 2:61
!
!
!
ephone  3
mac-address 44D3.CA25.8A06
ephone-template 1
max-calls-per-button 2
paging-dn 80
type 6941
button  1:3 2:62
!
!
!
ephone  4
mac-address 44D3.CA25.894D
ephone-template 1
max-calls-per-button 2
paging-dn 80
type 6941
button  1:4 2:63

So i'm looking for whether it is possible for CMBE to group all the selected IP Phones to Paging Group 80 like the CME does.

Cheers,
Hunt

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No CUCM or CUMBE has paging built-in, so there is no paging configuration you need to do within CUCM as such

You always a need a 3rd party app for that and for the configuration you need to refer to your 3rd party documentation.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

Thanks so much for your response.  Just curious if I don't configure IP PHones on CMBE, how does the system knows which Cisco IP Phones are eligble to recieve that particular paging??

I found the documentation on where CMBE treats the Paging System as a SIP End Point.  But I don't understand how to group the phones into a paging group.

http://www.cyberdata.net/support/server/documentation/930219D_Connecting_to_Cisco_Call_Manager_as_SIP_Endpoint.pdf

Cheers,

Hunt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: