cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Paging Integration - FXS or FXO

mlitka
Level 2
Level 2

We currently have Bogen and Valcom paging amplifiers connected to our Nortel Option 11. We would like to move this paging gear over to a Cisco 2811 Gateway/CUCM 4.1(3). How do I determine what type of VWIC is required in the gateway to support this configuration?

22 Replies 22

Hi Michael,

You are most welcome my friend! Have a nice summer weekend.

Go Stamps Go!

Cheers!

Rob

Next year the "Roughies" will be back!!

Rob,

curious...so I am reading this thread...I have read in other cisco thread that Cisco FXS port could be used as well...

Hi David,

You are most correct my friend :) The more common connection for this would be on an FXS Port, you can use either an FXS or FXO on the Cisco side as long as you order up the TAMB mid-point integration piece.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

what exactly is the 'mid-point' integration piece. I have the TAM-B unit, I have a C20 amp...all I get it RNA when calling the FXS port.

through show or debug commands...the FXS port lights up...I have connected a handset to the FXS ports...audio rings thru. so I know my CUCM and GW part is fine...

Hi David,

I was referring to the TAM-B as the "mid-point integration piece". Have you gone through the setup guide (I'm sure you have) and looked at the Dip-Switch settings for the Station Port config?

We need to get the TAM-B answering as a first step.

Rob

Rob,

Yes...know the doc well. Been thru the DIP switches several times. Pretty simple config.

BTW...VIC3-2FXS/DID module should work fine...correct?

Rob and crew,

My issue was solved with the Bogen TAMB. The vendor who installed the the TAMBB inadvertently hooked power (-VDC) onto the unit. My scenerio was station side (i.e. VIC3-2FXS/DID port). From the Bogen documentation...simply T&R from the FXS port into the TAMB. From the TAMB paging output into the local speak amp T&R...that is it.

Did some testing on the FXS port as well...the port floats at -44VDC to 0VDC during ring cycle. Initially, I thought that was insufficient voltage to drive the TAMB, since according to Bogen, that the TAMB input required -62VDC to -90VDC.

But after the vendor came on sight and removed the VDC Power...the TAMB fired right up. Now with that said...DIP switches on the TAMB must be in proper place.

For Station side use, confirmation tone is required, so S3 off, S4 on...S1/S2 is N/A, on S5 off. Aux switch on top of TAMB unit must be in proper position...see TAMB installation instructions, page 7.

Assuming all other wiring is done properly and CUCM programming done properly...things should work fine.

Anyways...just sharing some insight.

Hey David,

Thanks so much for posting back with your results! Glad to hear you got it working. + 5 points for this very kind follow-up :)

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: