Views
Helpful
Replies

PAGING ON CALLMANAGER 5.1

wflores
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody.

a customer needs paging on the callmanager 5.1. What do I need to implement the paging on the callmanager version 5.1(2b)?.

Does anybody has a link where I can find information about this feature to be implemented.

Regards

Walter Flores

6 Replies 6

jgentsch
Level 1
Level 1

True paging cannot be done in CUCM 5.1 without a 3rd party application. If you are only looking for 1 to 1 paging, you can create a separate CSS and partition; create separate lines on each device and have them auto answer with speakerphone.

Hi thank for answering.

Could you tell me which 3rd application can be used or where to find this information?

Regards

Walter Flores

there are two apps ive demoed

Berbee and Phonetop.

check them out

I have used the Berbee solution and the Cistera solution. I like them both.

Could you explain me, how these solutions works?

For instance once the IP Phone is added to service PAGING, they just dial a code and the programing IP phone groups will be heard live audio from The

First IP phone which add to the service?

Regards

Walter Flores

walter,

For the Berbee you use the phone services for the app. there are a good few options that you can allow or diallow, but basically, you press services, "paging" and he group and just page. you can have multiple goups or one big group accordingly. you can also send text as well as pre-recorded messages (text and/or audio) Note you must have multicast working properly for the audio.

the phonetop is simple and its just to install the application. phonetop also comes with a survey application that you can push to the phone. i personaly like this feature.

for my customers, its all according to the environment

Phonetop - cuistomers that require the paging and a bit more

Berbee - same as above but has IP speakers to reach persons in noisy environments

each of these solutions has demos that you can download and setup. i suggest you try both and see which one you might be comfortable with.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: