cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Paging with a Valcom 2003 A

Wilson Baez
Level 1
Level 1

I have a valcom 2003 A unit, Valcom told me that this will work with a FXO port. Is my first time trying this could some one help me. I need to know if I need to configure the FXO port and how to connect to the Valcom  etc..

Thanks all

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, so sounds like you'll want to send a 1,2,3 etc. to the paging unit. Here's one way to do this.

1. Choose a prefix digit for paging, such as 8.

2. Configure a route pattern in CUCM that sends 8X to the FXO port

3. Depending on your gateway configuration (MGCP or H.323), you can either strip the 8 at the CUCM or at the gateway. With MGCP, you'll need to strip it using CUCM. For example, you could have a 8.X route pattern and configure a PreDot DDI on the route pattern. With H.323, you can send the digits to the gateway and strip the 8 at the dial peer.

The end result will be the users dial 80, 81, 82, etc depending on the zone that they want. CUCM will send only the last digit to the paging unit to tell it which zone to page to.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM or CME? Is the Valcolm expecting to receive digits?

Brandon

We have a CUCM 6.13,  I'm a TDM guy moving to IP, in the old system we just press the page key then press the zone number 1,2,3 etc.

Thanks

OK, so sounds like you'll want to send a 1,2,3 etc. to the paging unit. Here's one way to do this.

1. Choose a prefix digit for paging, such as 8.

2. Configure a route pattern in CUCM that sends 8X to the FXO port

3. Depending on your gateway configuration (MGCP or H.323), you can either strip the 8 at the CUCM or at the gateway. With MGCP, you'll need to strip it using CUCM. For example, you could have a 8.X route pattern and configure a PreDot DDI on the route pattern. With H.323, you can send the digits to the gateway and strip the 8 at the dial peer.

The end result will be the users dial 80, 81, 82, etc depending on the zone that they want. CUCM will send only the last digit to the paging unit to tell it which zone to page to.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: