cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Paging with Call Manager

gp1200x
Level 2
Level 2

Does Call Manager v8.5 support paging on mulitple phones (groups of phones) simultaneously or does it require another product? We purchased IPSESSIONs a while back to use for paging but I was told that the function was in Call Manager. We have had CM for a few years and we are just now getting ready for paging and some other UC functions.

Next question.   With IP sesssions I have to configure on IP multicasting throughout our network to support paging. Can I assume that even if Call Manager supported it internally without the necessity of IPSESSIONs that I would still need the IP Multicasting protocol support on our entire network for paging?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Chris is right that 3rd party app is needed. But I don't agree that Informacast is the best one.

What about an alternative in 2Ring PHONE SERVICES which can deliver much more than just paging?

If you are interested in getting more info, follow this link: http://www.2ring.com/NewJuice

FREE and TRIAL licenses are obviously available.

As for your 2nd question, yes, multicast should be enabled in entire network.

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It requires 3rd party, however InformaCast basic paging is available on CCO for no charge and can be deployed as a VM on the same server (assuming using virtulization) for tight integration, and in my personal opinion is the best paging software for CUCM out there. 

HTH,

Chris

Hello,

Chris is right that 3rd party app is needed. But I don't agree that Informacast is the best one.

What about an alternative in 2Ring PHONE SERVICES which can deliver much more than just paging?

If you are interested in getting more info, follow this link: http://www.2ring.com/NewJuice

FREE and TRIAL licenses are obviously available.

As for your 2nd question, yes, multicast should be enabled in entire network.

Regards,

Martin

I stated the following:

"in my personal opinion"

Anyone looking for a product should do themselves a favor and do due diligence to compare the functionality, price and largely missed support structure to make an educated purchase decision.  I merely suggested a product that meets the required functionallity, and has a superb support.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

agree with you that anyone should do investigate all existing solutions as much as it is possible before any decision.

Maybe I did not say in correct form, but the idea was that there is an alternative which can be marked as one of the best.

Anyway, I also just suggested the product with the mentioned important points - functionality, great support and moreover, a lot of further features included in standard package which cannot be delivered with Informacast.

That's all.

Hope it is clear now.

Martin